Povidone-iodine | compare suppliers & send inquiries for free
Looking for Povidone-iodine 25655-41-8?
More information about the use of: Povidone-iodine. Povidone-iodine is a stable chemical complex of polyvinylpyrrolidone (povidone, PVP) and elemental iodine. It contains from.0% to.
0% available iodine, calculated on a dry basis. This unique complex was discovered in 1955 at the Industrial Toxicology Laboratories in Philadelphia by H. A. Shelanski and M. V. Shelanski. During in vitro testing to demonstrate anti-bacterial activity it was found that the complex was less toxic in mice than tincture of iodine. Human clinical trials showed the product to be superior to other iodine formulations. Povidone-iodine was immediately marketed, and has since become the universally preferred iodine antiseptic.
You can find more info about this product by clicking on the DB ID above.
Povidone-iodine manufacturers | traders | suppliers
We have 13 companies offering Povidone-iodine from 5 different countries.
Get in contact with the supplier of your choice:
- Silverline chemicals ltd from India
- Essentials Pharma from India
- Vishal Laboratories from India
- Prachi Pharmaceuticals from India
- Proto Chemicals from Switzerland
- Eskay Iodine from India
- Shanghai Yuking from China
- Marcus Research Lab from United States
- Nanz Med Science Pharma from India
- The Graymor Chemical from Germany
- Ashland Industries from Switzerland
- Shaanxi Dasheng Pharma from China
- R.N. Laboratories from India
Let the supplier know whether you are looking for a product with a specific monograph such as EP (Ph. Eur.), USP, JP, BP or another quality. Or, whether you are looking for hydrochloride (HCl), anhydricum, base, micronisatum or a specific purity.
You can use the filters to find high-quality suppliers. For example, you can select GMP, FDA or ISO certified suppliers. Visit our FAQ page or use the chat box in the corner to get more information about Pharmaoffer.