Valsartan | compare suppliers & send inquiries for free
Looking for Valsartan 137862-53-4?
Want to know more about Valsartan? Valsartan belongs to the angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) family of drugs, which also includes telmisartan, candesartan, losartan, olmesartan, and irbesartan. ARBs selectively bind to angiotensin receptor 1 (AT1) and prevent the protein angiotensin II from binding and exerting its hypertensive effects, which include vasoconstriction, stimulation and synthesis of aldosterone and ADH, cardiac stimulation, and renal reabsorption of sodium, among others. Overall, valsartan's physiologic effects lead to reduced blood pressure, lower aldosterone levels, reduced cardiac activity, and increased excretion of sodium. Valsartan also affects the renin-angiotensin aldosterone system (RAAS), which plays an important role in hemostasis and regulation of kidney, vascular, and cardiac functions.
Pharmacological blockade of RAAS via AT1 receptor blockade inhibits negative regulatory feedback within RAAS, which is a contributing factor to the pathogenesis and progression of cardiovascular disease, heart failure, and renal disease. In particular, heart failure is associated with chronic activation of RAAS, leading to inappropriate fluid retention, vasoconstriction, and ultimately a further decline in left ventricular function. ARBs have been shown to have a protective effect on the heart by improving cardiac function, reducing afterload, increasing cardiac output and preventing ventricular hypertrophy and remodelling.
Check who is selling Valsartan in the overview above.
Valsartan manufacturers | traders | suppliers
We have 39 companies offering Valsartan from 7 different countries.
Get in contact with the supplier of your choice:
- SUANFARMA from Spain
- Shandong Octagon Chemicals Limited from China
- TIEFENBACHER API + Ingredients from Germany
- Lupin from India
- Maithili Life Sciences from India
- Zhejiang Tianyu from China
- Aurobindo from India
- Divis Labs. from India
- Menovo from China
- Mylan from India
- Dr. Reddy's from India
- Granules India from India
- Cadila Pharma from India
- Harman Finochem from India
- Zhejiang Changming from China
- Zhejiang Hisun Pharma from China
- Shaoxing Hantai Pharma from China
- R. L. Fine Chem from India
- Hetero Labs from India
- Jubilant Generics from India
- Ipca Labs. from India
- Zhejiang Huahai Pharma from China
- Macleods Pharma from India
- Alembic Pharma from India
- Teva API from Israel
- MSN Life Sciences from India
- Laurus Labs from India
- Kolon Life Science from South Korea
- Cadila Healthcare from India
- Teva Pharma ind. from Israel
- Teva API India from Israel
- Zhuhai Rundu from China
- Signa from Mexico
- Chromo Labs. from India
- KRKA from Slovenia
- Daewoong Bio from South Korea
- Kyowa Pharma Chem. from Japan
- Sumitomo Chemical from Japan
- Shin Poong Pharm from South Korea
Let the supplier know whether you are looking for a product with a specific monograph such as EP (Ph. Eur.), USP, JP, BP or another quality. Or, whether you are looking for hydrochloride (HCl), anhydricum, base, micronisatum or a specific purity.
You can use the filters to find high-quality suppliers. For example, you can select GMP, FDA or ISO certified suppliers. Visit our FAQ page or use the chat box in the corner to get more information about Pharmaoffer.